With this year coming to a close we have been reflecting on the events of 2011. Here are a few highlights:
January- Matt's Buick pretty much gave out
We lost a dear friend Dennis
February-Matt turned 24
Matt bought his truck
March- I turned 23
April- I was admitted to the hospital for the first time and had to stay for a week
We took our first trip to the beach together
May- We got pregnant
June- My Monte Carlo gave out
We bought me a newer car
We found out we were expecting
July-We had our first prenatal appointment and ultrasound
August- We celebrated our 3rd Anniversary
We joined Newton Baptist Church
We took an Anniversary trip to Asheville, NC
September- We moved to a bigger place
October- We found out our baby was a girl
Matt lost his job
November- Matt started a new job
December- We were blessed to spend CHRISTmas with family!
Looking back 2011 has been a year of ups and downs, but I believe that the good out weighed the bad and that we are truly blessed in so many ways! God has been really good to our family and I am so excited to see what 2012 has in store.
I don't believe in making new year resolutions, because no one keeps them! Instead I have been reflecting and praying as to what my goals for 2012 should be! And here they are:
1) Get closer to God
2) Seek God's will for mine and my family's lives
3) Read my Bible from cover to cover
4) Be the best wife and mother possible
5) Seek a new career
6) Lose the pregnancy weight
I have also been seeking to put priorities in order and as Michelle Duggar teaches her children we should practice JOY! J-Jesus First O-others second Y-yourself last
Thank you to all the wonderful people who we have had the blessing of knowing and sharing our lives with in 2011 and will continue to be part of our loves in 2012. May God bless and Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment