We are officially 32 weeks along in this pregnancy, only 8 weeks to go! This past weekend has been a busy one, getting ready for the new year, working, and church! I just wanted to say how thankful I am to be a member of such a wonderful church and excited for what God had ahead in 2012! I spent the day around the house just being lazy! It was really nice and I had not had a lazy day in so long, I think I forgot how to be lazy! lol I did take a few moments and looked through pictures of my life, from the time I was born up until now. As I looked at all the baby and toddler pictures of myself, all I could think of was what my daughter Lauren would look like and what a miracle she is! If you would have asked me in early 2011 when I would have children or if I wanted children my response would have been "some day". Now that I am expecting I honestly do not know what my life would be like without my baby! I think and dream of her constantly and I am so excited to meet her! I never understood how you could love someone you have never met so much! We have never see each other face to face or had a conversation, but she knows my voice and touch and I know her sweet kicks! Eight weeks seems like such a long time away, but I am sure it will be here before we know it! As I look at all the things that we still have to do and all the preparations, I wonder if 8 weeks will be enough time to be ready for Lauren's birth! I delight in watching my belly move and contort into all kinds of funny shapes as my sweet baby plays and moves in her ever crowding world. We chose the name Lauren as sort of a tradition in my family, my mother's name started with L and so does mine, I always knew that when I had a daughter of my own that we would name her something starting with L. As I dream of the one day when we meet our sweet baby girl and pray for blessings over her and her life, I cant help but think what were Mary's thoughts as she carried baby Jesus? I am sure she wondered what the Son of God would look like, and how would he grow into a man, and how would she deal with him dying on the cross for all the world's sins! What a burden placed on this young woman's life! I am so scared of doing something wrong and hurting my baby, I could not even picture carrying the Savoir and Prince of Peace! As the Christmas season has ended and as life gets back to "normal", may of us are going back to work, returning from trips and seeing family, just take a small moment and think back to over 2,000 years ago in the little town of Bethlehem and the miraculous birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus and the joy and delight in his mother's eye!
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
This is so beautiful and I am glad you have a blog!!! Don't worry about having everything prepared for Lauren's arrival because it will never be "just perfect" but yall will be just fine! Always remember that He is with you and all of your church family is right beside you as well! Love you!
ReplyDelete