January 13, 2012

Maturity

Tomorrow will be the first baby shower to honor baby Lauren's arrival! I am so excited to see my family and friends that are coming from near and far, and to spend some precious time together. Last night my grandparents came into town and we spend time together at my dad's house. My dad was talking about how proud he was of how much I had grown up! As we talked I began to think of how much my life has changed in the last 5 years! This year my parents will be divorced for 5 years, Matt and I have been together 5 years, Married 4 years, Saved 4 years, and out of college 4 years. I have been on my own and had to maintain a household! I thought of myself in high school and college and how much my life centered around myself. Not only was I overly focused on my self but made alot of bad choices! I am so thankful for the past 5 years and all the personal growth I have experienced! Looking back on myself in high school/college I could not see myself as the wife I am today and the mother that I will soon be! I am not perfect and I still make mistakes all the time, but I have learned to put others needs ahead of my own and that I am not the most important person in my "world"! I am so blessed and thankful that my family and friends were by my side through it all and are still her for my family and me!
May God bless! Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment